Fri, 01 Nov|
Equiculture talk - Happy, healthy horses at Holistic Reflections on November 1st 2019
EQUICULTURE talk with Stuart and Jane Myers MSc (Equine) (international speakers on the subject of Sustainable Horse Keeping). All about THE EQUICENTRAL SYSTEM: a horse welfare/good environmental management horse and land care system that is a win-win all round!
Time & Location
01 Nov 2019, 09:30 – 15:00
Holistic Reflections, Yewcroft, Wilton, Egremont CA22 2PJ, UK
About The Event
EQUICULTURE talk with Stuart and Jane Myers MSc (Equine) (international speakers on the subject of Sustainable Horse Keeping), hosted by Holistic Reflections.
Please note: Tickets cannot be purchased here - please visit https://www.trybooking.co.uk/JRA to book your tickets!
THE TALK: This talk is for all levels of horse owners. Including owners that keep their horse/s on their own land and at livery. It is about how you can make small or large changes in horse management that both improve your horse’s ‘lifestyle’ and in turn, your lifestyle. A true win-win situation.
These are JUST SOME of the things you will learn about:
• The differences between the free-living (wild/feral) equine ‘lifestyle’ and the domestic equine ‘lifestyle’.
• Domestic grazing behaviour and how it affects equine management.
• The essential things that you need to know about pasture and grasses.
• All about MUD MANAGEMENT.
• How to become a desirable land manager/custodian (and therefore be more likely to be considered for leasing land or improve your chances of getting any potential development plans passed).
• Essential information about equines and obesity.
• How you can make changes to your horse management regime that will improve welfare, reduce costs, reduce your workload AND be good for the land all at the same time.
• All about THE EQUICENTRAL SYSTEM (a horse welfare/good environmental management horse and land care system that is a win-win all round).
• And lots more…
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING: Light refreshments provided, but please bring a packed lunch. You may want to bring a notepad and pen. Our books are available for sale on the day, so if you prefer to just listen you might prefer to buy a book instead (but you certainly will not be pressured into buying books). Check out this page www.equiculture.net/the-equicentral-system-books if you are thinking of buying so that you get an idea of how much money to bring. We do take credit cards/PayPal on the day but it is dependent on us having a good signal at the venue.
TIMES: Starts 10am prompt (registration from 9.30am), finishes at 3pm approx.
There will also be an opportunity (after the talk) to have a look at the property and see what changes /improvements have been made.
WHERE? Holistic Reflections at Yewcroft, Wilton, Egremont, Cumbria, United Kingdom, CA222PJ. Use Google Maps to locate Holistic Reflections or visit https://www.holisticreflections.co.uk/contact-1 for more infp and directions.
INVESTMENT: £30.00 per person.
FURTHER INFO: For more information about Equicentral or Equiculture and what they do have a look at their website www.equiculture.net